~ Spirit Week: April 21-25th! ** Yaneli's Annual Fun Run April 25th **
~ College Shirt Day: May 14th!
~ Galileo Testing Week: May 5th! Be on time and get a great night's sleep!
~ Last Day of School: May 23rd!
In addition, Atzin’s beautiful drawing of the White House will be on display at Sky Harbor International Airport. We are so proud of you!
Welcome to Cartwright Elementary
Cartwright Elementary has a great deal to celebrate as we enter the new year. Every student is engaged in meaningful instruction throughout each day and support systems are in place to help struggling students on our campus. We are committed to promoting individual and group academic achievement.
I.D. badges are a part of our dress code. We have seen great improvement in student compliance with the school dress code/uniform policies. We are asking parents to monitor student clothing closely—particularly length of shorts/skirts, excessively tight pants and/or shirts, and sagging pants. Dress code expectations can be found in the first 10 pages of the Student Agendas.
|A note from our Principal, Mr. Robert Aguilar|
Cartwright Elementary School…Working to be the “A”
Welcome to Cartwright Elementary School. Our parents, students, and members of our community are valuable partners in our efforts to earning the designation of an “A” school. I look to provide a safe, happy, and focused learning environment for our students.
Here are a few tips that can help parents:
I know that if we work together, we will achieve our goal of becoming an “A” School.
Monday - Friday
7:30am - 4:00pm
Check out our Cougars
|Our Mission and Values
The Cougar Mission:
Our Cougar Values:
In order to fulfill the fundamental purpose of maximizing learning for our students, we are dedicated to creating a school in which:1. Every teacher, student, and parent is clear on the knowledge and skills students are expected to acquire.
2.The learning of each student is monitored on a timely basis. When students experience difficulty, Cartwright Elementary School has structures in place to ensure students receive additional time and support for learning. Students exceeding the standards receive challenge and extension beyond the regular classroom instruction.
3.There is a climate of high expectations for student success. Those high expectations are communicated to students, parents, and to all staff members.
4. A collaborative culture ensures staff members work together interdependently to better meet the needs of their students and to analyze and improve their professional practice.5. Frequent reporting of student progress toward explicit learning outcomes helps staff members and parents take collective responsibility for student learning.
6. Structures are created to promote widely dispersed leadership throughout the school.
7. All staff members continually grow in their professional expertise because structures to support their ongoing, job-embedded learning and continuous improvement are built into the school day and school year.
8. Students and adults alike believe their efforts, improvements, and achievements will be recognized and celebrated.
9. Cartwright staff members ensure involvement between school, family members, and the community through communication and accessibility to resources.
10. There is a safe and orderly environment.
Principal: Robert Aguilar Contact Mr. Aguilar
Assistant Principal: Brian Johnson Contact Mr. Johnson